Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love waking up early on a nippy morning to watch the parade, cooking all day in a cloud of thyme and sage, and tucking into a piece of pumpkin pie.
I love the clamor of multiple generations, friends old and new, crowding around a table to laugh and tell stories, to pause and give thanks.
Now that I am forming my own home and family, I am looking forward to establishing our own Thanksgiving traditions.
Here are 5 ideas I’ve found that are stoking my imagination:
1. Guest Autographed Tablecloth (via cupcakes and cashmere)
2. Pumpkin Baked French Toast – for the morning of? Or the next? (from Minimalist Baker)
3. Modern Thanksgiving Etiquette from bon appétit (via A Cup of Jo)
4. Changing One Dish (from Nora Ephron writing for Huffington Post)
5. Inviting A Stranger (from Apartment Therapy)
Bonus: Wouldn’t this word sneak game be fun to play while sitting around the table during dinner?!
How about you? What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
Whatever you do, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I love how Steve Carell invents a game within a game.